amXor

Blogging about our lives online.

2.04.2010

Bluebrain Project

This is not directly related to my studies at the moment, but I will be keeping my eye on this project.

Bluebrain | Year One from Couple 3 Films on Vimeo.

Although much more lofty and ambitions than what I would like to be involved in (for now, anyway!), the project is interesting in it's medical focus of the benefits of brain modeling. I have noticed that when the focus is computation, the immediate payoffs are better (ie. interesting algorithms, programming structures), but we always lose sight of the bigger pictures and run off into premature optimization. The pocket calculator does computation faster than any brain, but it will never get beyond its programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Labels

Followers

andyvanee.com

Files